Newton County, Ind. (WLFI) — Officials in Newton County were involved in a second chase this week. According to the Newton County Sheriff's Office, on Tuesday, a Newton County Sheriff’s Deputy stopped a Chevrolet Trailblazer traveling 90 MPH in a 50 MPH zone on State Road 55 near CR 400N. While the deputy exited his vehicle during the traffic stop, the Trailblazer fled southbound on SR 55.
The pursuit lasted about 15 minutes, traveling on various county roads before the driver came to a stop.
The driver, 37-year-old Gerald Cramer Jr. of Lowell, IN, was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Newton County Jail on probable cause for reckless driving and resisting law enforcement with a motor vehicle. Additionally, Cramer was cited for various traffic infractions including driving while suspended.
- Second vehicle pursuit in Newton County this week ends in another arrest
- Kokomo Man arrested after vehicle pursuit
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Two vehicle crash kills one in Newton County
- Police pursuit ends after vehicle jumps railroad tracks
- Body found in Newton County
- Three arrested after early morning stolen vehicle pursuit
- Police arrest 3 after OnStar helps ends pursuit
- High speed police pursuit over weekend ends with two arrested
- Police pursuit on US 41 ends in arrest