LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A Logansport teen was arrested Monday on preliminary charges relating to the death of a Miami County man earlier this week.
Brayden M. Berkshire, 18, faces charges of reckless homicide (a Level 5 felony) and a Level 6 felony count of obstruction of justice, according to a Miami County Sheriff's Office news release.
The charges stem from the death of Nathan Joe Hopper, 18, who police found dead of a gunshot wound inside his residence in the 3100 block of North Mexico Road in Miami County on Sunday morning, the release stated.
Berkshire, a senior at Logansport High School and a member of the school's varsity volleyball team, was taken into custody without incident Monday evening, the release stated, and she is currently being held at the Miami County Jail on $15,000 bail.
Pending further investigation, police gave no other information at this time.
- 18-year-old arrested in connection to Peru death
- 1 dead in two-vehicle Peru crash
- Lafayette Police searching for missing 18-year-old
- Shooting death of 18-year-old in Miami County home under investigation
- Purdue University forms research alliance with university in Peru
- Peru factory that employs more than 300 will close
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for missing Peru man
- 18-year sentence handed to Lafayette man for dealing in narcotics
- Couple arrested in connection to abuse of 4-month-old
- Suspect with warrant connected to Bowen murder investigation arrested