Linden, Ind. (WLFI) — An Indiana State Police trooper is back on the job following a deadly shooting on last month.
According to ISP, Trooper Daniel Organ has returned to duty as of January 7th. He's performing administrative duties at the Lafayette post until the investigation into the deadly shooting of Glenn Rightsell is complete.
Police say the trooper shot Rightsell after he failed to follow orders and allegedly grabbed a handgun on his own waist.
As we previously reported, it happened on December 28th on U.S. 231 in Montgomery County.
- Trooper involved in fatal shooting of Linden man back on duty
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- ISP Identifies trooper in fatal shooting of Glenn Rightsell
- One person killed in early morning crash by Linden
- Linden Depot Museum builds full replica steam engine
- Authorities: 79-year-old man shoots, wounds Indiana trooper
- Names of those involved in fatal plane crash released
- Frankfort woman sentenced for involvement in fatal crash
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Muncie police: Fatal shooting of man, 84, was an accident