WALTON, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people are dead after they were struck by a vehicle Tuesday night in Walton. Indiana State Police are still looking for the driver.
The victims have been identified as 26-year-old Zachary Wines of Walton and 52-year-old Bryan Curry of Valparaiso. Tuesday night around 6:30, officers found the two dead in the roadway on U.S. 35 north of Cass County Road 800 South. This is about seven miles southeast of Logansport.
Indiana State Police said the two men were hit by a vehicle driving north. Troopers do not know why the two men were in the roadway. Police found what they believe are the men's vehicles parked on the east side of U.S. 35 with engines running.
U.S. 35 was closed for four hours while police were on scene. U.S. 35 is the main road that runs through the town. Walton has a population of a little more than 1,000 people.
No description of the vehicle is available at this time. Police are working to gather one based on their investigation at the scene. They also hope that anyone with information on the crash will come forward. You can contact the ISP Peru post at 765-473-6666.
- Two dead in Cass County hit-and-run
- One dead in Cass County crash
- Cass County Community Talks Wind Farm Proposal
- Cass County Tyson plant temporarily shut down
- Cass County Sheriff's Office investigating hotel fire
- Teen runs more than a mile for help after overnight Cass County crash
- Cass County bust turns up butane honey oil, marijuana
- Many rally in Cass County over immigration policy
- British company drops plans for Cass/Miami County wind farm
- BREAKING: Names released of Cass County fatal crash