WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Comic books and super heroes will take over the Purdue Memorial Union this weekend. Boiler Con is coming back for the 4th year in a row.
It's organized by a few Purdue students and continues to grow each year. They've been planning the event since last year's Boiler Con.
There will be local artists, vendors and guest speakers for panels. There is a special visit from Bernard Chang who grew up in West Lafayette. He's a former Walt Disney Imagineer turned professional comic book artist.
Boiler Con is open to the Greater Lafayette Community for free.
"It's just kind of cool to see all these families come in with their kids and people of all different backgrounds and ages and all the students as well just kind of come in and have a good time and kind of blow those lines between being on a college campus or like in a hall in the community," said Boiler Con Project Leader Alex Appleby. "It's just really cool to see everything."
Purdue Student Union Board Entertainment Committee Director Juna Johnson said this is a small scale version of Comic Con or Indy Con.
"Those are very big cons and they can be very intimidating so being able to bring that to a smaller scale for students and for the community to see what a con is like and kind of give them a taste of what that's like," said Johnson.
New this year, Boiler Con will feature virtual reality gaming for people to try out. The event kicks off at 3 p.m. and will wrap up at 8 p.m. Saturday.
- 4th Annual Boiler Con happening Saturday
- Veterans appreciation luncheon happening Saturday
- Annual Fire Prevention Show to happen Wednesday
- West Lafayette silent bike auction happening Saturday
- Daniels hopes to expand Back a Boiler availability
- Harrison Boiler Robotics team moving on to worlds
- Purdue baseball wins again, Boilers pulling closer in conference standings
- Lafayette Renew present solution to aging water treatment boiler
- Lafayette Renew revamping boiler system to lower operating costs
- Purdue, People's Brewing release second university licensed beer 'Boiler Black'