WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man at the center of an alleged stabbing incident has been found by police. West Lafayette police have been searching for him since early Friday morning.
Police were called to the Richfield Apartments near Yeager Road and Northwestern Avenue around 1 a.m. for a domestic disturbance.
Clyde Kelley was originally warned for trespassing and officers told him to leave the home. Then, around 3 a.m. Friday, officers were called back to the home for what police describe as allegedly choking his girlfriend and cutting his girlfriend's sister with a sharp object.
Police said the girlfriend and sister have non-life threatening injures. Kelley drove away in his Ford Mustang before an officer spotted him on Salisbury Street. When the officer recognized the vehicle, the officer turned around to follow Kelley.
Police said Kelley then ran from officers until they were able to get ahold of him on his cellphone. He then surrendered.
Kelley is currently in the Tippecanoe County Jail. He faces preliminary charges of strangulation, domestic battery, resisting law enforcement with a vehicle and resisting law enforcement and battery with a deadly weapon.
- Man accused of West Lafayette stabbing found by police
- Police arrest man after West Lafayette parking lot stabbing
- West Lafayette teen accused of 'spontaneously" stabbing his father
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Man found dead in Hadley Lake in West Lafayette
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series