TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)-- Hundreds of artists are spending their weekend at the Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering.
Musicians from all over the country are coming together to share their passion for fiddling and folk music.
From the sounds, you'd think they'd known each other for years.
Meet Dave Angell and Dave Langdon, two guys here for the weekend at the Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering. Two men who never expected to cross paths.
"He walked over and said, he asked me what I played and I said the fiddle, and he said 'I play the fiddle too,'" said Angell. "He said do you want to play some tunes, and that's how we met."
For Langdon, his fiddling has its own story to tell.
"I was just going through a time in my life when I was re-examining my life and trying to figure out how I wanted to live my life," said Landon. "I had been going to these concerts where they had a lot of old-time string bands come through. I liked that kind of music and eventually decided well I should learn how to play an instrument, that's how I ended up playing the fiddle."
Angell said the instrument isn't easy to learn.
"You can't just pick this thing up and play it, it's quite a job to get it."
He started back in the 80s, but when his everyday life got in the way, he took some time off.
"I dropped it for a number of years but later in life, I picked it back up again when I had more time."
More time to do the one thing they love the most, with people who share the same passion.
"It's nice to meet people who are spending a large part of their life doing the same thing you are back home," said Angell.
And leaving with a new friendship that will pull at your heartstrings.
The event will be going on until Sunday. More information can be found here.
- Musicians come together to celebrate Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering
- Purdue community gathers to celebrate Hanukkah
- Hundreds gathered for the Stars and Stripes celebration
- Indiana gathering feedback about caring for disabled clients
- Musicians perform at Purdue's Jazz On The Hill
- Community gathers for resistance fair
- Community gathers to celebrate the lives of Abigail Williams and Liberty German
- Community gathers for interfaith panel discussion
- Gathering funds for Boilermakers on Giving Tuesday
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture