Scattered showers & storms will be with us all day & into the evening. Local flash flooding is possible. Also, given the amount of vorticity we have & how moist & humid we are, a few isolated funnel clouds are possible, along with the potential of a random, isolated Tornado Warning. This would occur if one of these weak funnels reportedly touch down, as such funnels are harder to detect on radar. Should one of these isolated landspout tornadoes occur, it would be brief & produce EF0 damage (on a scale of EF0-EF5) with winds of less than 80 mph.
Otherwise, scattered rainfall will diminish tonight with low clouds & some patchy fog late & lows in the 60s.
With lots of clouds & high humidity tomorrow, it will be hazy & muggy, but below normal temperature-wise with highs 76-81. A few spotty showers/t'showers are possible.
After 60s tomorrow night with potential of some widespread dense fog, Sunday looks partly cloudy as low clouds break & humid with a few spotty storms possible along a weak, weak front moving southward, which will drop the humidity a bit Monday (but it will actually be warmer Monday). Highs Sunday will run near 84. At first, the severe threat corridor was lining up in the area or in our southern counties for Saturday or Sunday. It now appears that the corridor of severe weather will set up south & southwest of our area Saturday night-Sunday. A good number of you in the viewing area will stay completely dry given rainfall coverage of 35% Saturday & 30% Sunday.
Late next week, the highest dew points of the year will arrive (VERY oppressive humidity) with some storms around. Hot air will overspread our area with its wet soils & lush vegetation putting lots of water into the air. Also, our southwest winds will be blowing off very wet soils to our southwest over central & southern Illinois, only enhancing the moisture. Highs will run 89-94, but with dew points near 80, heat indices may exceed 106 in places.
- Isolated Funnels/Landspout Tornado & Flash Flooding Risk.....Then Oppressive Heat Down the Road
- Some Severe Weather RIsk (& Localized Flash Flooding), Then Oppressive Heat Wave
- Funnel Pics & Quick Update
- Oppressive Heat and Alberto's Rains
- Oppressive heat pushes into Indiana
- August 6, 2018 Isolated Severe Weather & Flash Flooding Summary
- Oppressive Heat Wave Still Ahead.....Few Storms, Then More Widespread Storms Down the Road
- Weather: Sort of interesting day, oppressive heat wave ahead
- Wet Soils & Lush Vegetation (Esp. "Corn Sweat") + Building Ridge of Heat = Oppressive Days & Nights