TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- Ten officers are recognized for making Tippecanoe County roads and highways a little bit safer.
Drive Sober Inc. credits officers from each department with 20 or more operating while intoxicated arrests.
During Tuesday's ceremony, DSI representatives reminded the public that impaired driving crashes are not accidents.
Devin Farmer was among those recognized during the Top Cop Awards.
He says he owes a lot of his OWI arrests to the public's help.
He encourages the community to call local law enforcement if they suspect someone is driving under the influence.
"So I think the public helping us get to those things really helps because obviously one of us can't be everywhere," Farmer said.
LPD, West Lafayette Police, Purdue Police, ISP and the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department had a total of 783 OWI arrests in 2017.
- Ten officers recognized at Top Cop Awards
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- Purdue football sweeps Big Ten weekly awards
- October 7-14: Last Week's Top Ten List
- TCCC officers recognized for saving a life
- Whilby, Purdue top Illinois in Big Ten tournament opener
- Purdue softball tops Iowa 3-2 in Big Ten opener
- Purdue tops Northwestern 9-7, takes Big Ten opening series
- Purdue professor recognized with One Brick Higher Award
- Local Weather History: This Week's Top Ten List.......Top 10 Biggest October Snows