LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A Lafayette couple is hoping to open a new brew-pub called Escape Velocity Brewing.
The brew-pub would have a vegetarian and vegan focus. It would be located at the corner of Scott and Grant Streets, where the former Parkside Seafood House was located.
Wednesday night, petitioners asked the Area Plan Commission if they could expand the building for parking and for a brewing facility. It would mean destroying a run-down house on site.
Some nearby neighbors spoke out during the APC meeting, voicing their concerns.
"I can see over it from my window," said Hubert Greater. "So, I can actually watch the patrons talking. I can hear them, even though they're quiet because I am that close to them. So, that I don't appreciate."
However, the couple behind the brewery said they want to make sure their neighbors are happy before moving forward with it.
"Anybody who wants to talk to us, we are more than happy to talk to anybody who has concerns," said Heather Howard. "I'm sure you also saw tonight, we had some neighbors who are very excited about this coming who came to speak."
From here, the Lafayette City Council will need to approve the plans.
- Couple hopes to open brew-pub in Lafayette
- With the opening of Walt's Pub, mayor is hoping to bring more restaurants to West Lafayette
- From banning to brewing, Lafayette business owner to brew family beer recipe
- Lafayette Brewing Company celebrates 25 years on Main Street
- Thieme & Wagner starts brewing again
- Lafayette couple takes a leap for love
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- Health Dept: Norovirus confirmed after visits to Walt’s Pub
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Plans for brewing company move forward after concerns are addressed