LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Families in Lafayette are celebrating Easter early this year with activities at a local church.
The Easter Extravaganza at River City Church hosted food and entertainment vendors Saturday.
The event had more than 60,000 eggs with three different events for children of all ages. Children were able to play games, get their faces painted and play inside bounce houses during the event on Saturday afternoon.
Charmaine Gunter said she brought her grandchildren to the event to celebrate.
"We came for the Easter Extravaganza, we thought the event at the church was really cool," Gunter said. "They love the bounce houses and the egg hunt, the activities, we've done it all."
The event also hosted a special hunt for children with special needs.
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- Indiana State Fair begins annual 17-day extravaganza
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Faith Church hosts Passion Play
- Lafayette church getting a $480,000 facelift
- Rokita hosts Lafayette meet and greet
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- Greater Lafayette Commerce Hosting Business Expo Wednesday
- Lafayette church plans to give away $1,600 in gas Saturday