TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)-- Starting next week INDOT says they are planning to start the Bridge Replacement Project over Wildcat Creek.
The $4.7 million project was awarded to Superior Construction for the bridge to be replaced. The bridge replacement project will have a traffic control light to direct drivers. Traffic signals will tell drivers to slow down and use precaution before merging into one lane.
Driver Kevin Zumkehr said this may cause people to take another route. He is concerned about crashes that could happen with other drivers.
"The road is busy at times, very busy," Zumkehr said. "There's going to be dozens of people throughout the day and at night. It's going to be tough."
INDOT Communications Director Debbie Calder said the project has been in the works for awhile.
"We are replacing the bridge out on 26 and last year the contractor built the lane that traffic is going to drive on this year during construction," Calder said.
The project is expected to start next Monday but it is all dependent on the weather.
- Drivers are preparing for INDOT's Wildcat Creek Bridge construction
- INDOT begins construction on U.S. 231 bridge
- Boy scouts clean up public access to WIldcat Creek
- Interns at Wildcat Creek Wildlife Center wrap up the summer
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Four minors are safe after being rescued from the Wildcat Creek overnight
- Preparing for 2018 State Street construction
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday