CARROLL CO., Ind. (WLFI)— Two parents overdosed on heroin Friday night with their three children in the car.
According to a news release from Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, Carroll County E911 were called to an SUV sitting in the middle of State Road 18 near County Road 1150 West. The two adults in the car were given Narcan for symptoms of a heroin overdose.
The two adults were identified as 31-year-old Adam B. Smith of Chalmers and his 29-year-old wife, Donnis, also of Chalmers. Three children, ages 4, 6 and 11 were also in the car with the couple.
The adults were taken to a local hospital where they were treated and released.
Both were arrested and booked into the Carroll County Jail.
Based on the investigation, Carroll County authorities were able to get a search warrant for the residence of 43-year-old Sara Huff of Delphi.
Around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning, Carroll County Sheriff’s Deputies, Delphi Officers, and Indiana State Police Troopers served a search warrant at Huff’s residence. Huff was arrested for numerous drug-related violations including dealing methamphetamine, dealing cocaine, maintaining a common nuisance, and obstruction of justice. She posted bond Saturday morning and was released from jail.
Dustin Prater, 31, Monticello, was also arrested at Huff’s home and taken to jail. He was wanted on two Carroll Circuit Court writs of attachment, a White Superior Court arrest warrant for felony domestic battery, along with misdemeanor violations of visiting a common nuisance and possession of paraphernalia.
- 3 children found in car with parents overdosed on heroin
- Man overdoses on heroin in Lafayette hotel while with child
- Man passes out in parking lot after apparent heroin overdose
- Man arrested after overdosing in a running car
- International Overdose Awareness Day celebrated in Lafayette
- Keeping pets and children safe from hot cars
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Illinois man arrested on suspicion of dealing cocaine and heroin
- Heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- WL couple charged after police find heroin and marijuana