Photo Gallery 15 Images
TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Massive flooding has led to Benton County issuing a Travel Warning. According to Department of Homeland Security on Indiana.gov, a travel warning is the highest level of local travel advisory, means that travel may be restricted to emergency management workers only.
Flooding is causing road closures across our viewing area. In Tippecanoe County, there are four road closures as of Wednesday morning.
-North River Road between Catherwood Drive and Burnetts Road
-Pretty Prarie Road between Tyler Road and Grant Road.
-North 9th Street Road at Burnetts Road
-West 500 North at 140 West
Another area authorities are keeping an eye on is near the Tippecanoe River downstream from the Oakdale Dam in Carroll County.
EMA Director for White County, Roberta Yerk, says there are evacuations in Buffalo on Chapman Drive and Maple Bend. There are also evacuations in Monticello on Diamond Point Court and Brandywine.
A flood emergency was issued overnight and evacuation is preferred in Carroll County. News 18 spoke to the Carroll County Sheriff's office Wednesday morning and the flood emergency has been called off, but this area is still under a flood warning.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Carroll County is now supporting voluntary evacuations. He does stress they are not mandatory but preferred. He said if you can't evacuate on your own, call the sheriff's department and they will help you.
Tippecanoe and Cass County EMAs are helping out as much as possible. Cass County EMA and Carroll County Highway have sandbags for people having flooding issues. Sandbags can be picked up at the EMS Garage off US Highway 421 in Delphi.
- Travel Warning issued for Benton County
- Benton County under travel warning due to flooding
- River Flood Warnings Issued
- Benton County family recognized at State Fair
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Early morning house fire damages Benton County home
- U.S. 52 is set to close in Benton County
- Benton county fair crowns champions at the beef show
- Neighbors recall weekend shooting in Benton Co.