TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The suspect in a Tippecanoe County shooting is now under arrest.
Investigators with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office say Samuel Vande Brake, 24, is now in custody. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated battery and battery by means of a deadly weapon.
As News 18 reported last week, Vande Brake and 21-year-old Tristan Fernandez were both at a home on Meadowbrook Drive. That's when deputies said an argument broke out. Investigators believe it ended when Vande Brake fired a single shot from a handgun, hitting Fernandez in the chest.
Fernandez was taken to a local hospital to be treated.
Vande Brake is being held on a $15,000 surety bond and $1,500 cash bond.
- Man arrested for shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Man arrested after shooting at Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's deputy
- Police investigate shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- UPDATE: Missing Tippecanoe County man found
- Tippecanoe County voter card confusion
- Recycling Update for Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County is thinking solar