MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Crawfordsville City Department had their 8th Annual Snowplow Roadeo today. Twelve drivers were timed as they drove through a course designed to prepare them for the Crawfordsville streets.
The event helps the workers and the equipment get ready for the winter.
Drivers sit through training and lunch and at the end of the competition they receive awards. As the competition gets tighter each year, so does the course.
"I told the guys this morning that I set the course up harder this year and it was their own fault for doing that. They've gotten better each year that we do this, so each year I've got to try to make the course more complicated and more difficult for them to keep their skills sharp," said street department commissioner Scott Hesler.
"They've really gotten into it and they have bought into the program. They come to me now with ideas for obstacles or how we can change things or how we can do things better or what we want for lunch even," said Hesler.
Tomorrow is the annual Celebrity Snowplow Rodeo. Politicians and local celebrities will try their best to finish the course.
- Crawfordsville Roadeo competition gets tighter
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- Crawfordsville community wants justice for Glenn Rightsell
- Crawfordsville police searching for missing person
- Crawfordsville Police Department find missing person
- West Lafayette tops Crawfordsville on senior night
- Crawfordsville Police investigating report of candy tampering
- Indiana legislators warning budget picture could get tighter
- Crawfordsville traffic stop results in huge meth bust
- Discovery of drug cache leads to charges for Crawfordsville man