SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WLFI) -- Governor Eric Holcomb is campaigning for a Republican neighbor. He's one of three Midwestern governors appearing in an ad for Illinois' Bruce Rauner.
The ad features Holcomb, Wisconsin's Scott Walker and Missouri's Eric Greitens thanking democrat Mike Madigan for driving jobs to Illinois' neighbor states.
"Hoosiers love you, Mike Madigan!" Holcomb says in the thirty-second ad. "We're growing union jobs faster than Illinois."
The interesting thing about this strategy - Madigan isn't running against Rauner. He's the speaker of the state's house of representatives.
After a turbulent first term, Rauner's reelection strategy is to point the finger at Madigan for all the conflict at the statehouse. That includes two years spent in a budget deadlock.
- Gov. Holcomb appears in campaign ad for Illinois governor Bruce Rauner
- Holcomb challenged by Kentucky governor
- Gov. Holcomb enforces control of CBD oil
- Gov. Holcomb discusses plans for 2018
- Gov. Holcomb to attend unveiling of new vehicle at SIA
- Gov. Holcomb asks county to lower flags for late firefighter
- Gov. Holcomb declares 11 counties under disaster emergency
- Gov. Holcomb declares 22 counties under disaster emergency
- Gov. Holcomb wants feds to act first on medical marijuana
- Governor Holcomb is taking state to 'Next Level'