EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (WLFI) — A person of interest in the Delphi double homicides faces a new charge in an unrelated Colorado case.
Daniel Nations appeared in an El Paso County courtroom Wednesday and was formally charged with felony menacing.
According to investigators Nations threatened some hikers with a hatchet in Colorado back in September. He was charged with assault and trespassing.
Indiana State Police interviewed Nations earlier this month in connection with the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.
So far ISP says there is no specific information that includes him or excludes him as a suspect.
Nations is a registered sex offender. He was driving a car with expired Indiana plates when police in Colorado arrested him. He'll be back in court in Colorado on Friday.
- Nations facing new charges in Colorado
- Daniel Nations faces more charges
- Colorado elects nation's first openly gay governor, CNN projects
- UPDATE: Violent felon faces multiple charges
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Fired Earhart teacher faces two more charges
- Woman faces gun charges following domestic disturbance
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges