TIPTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Five months after the death of a baby in Tipton County, an arrest has finally been made.
The infant died at an unlicensed daycare while a woman was watching 10 other children. 43-year-old Jessica Moss, allegedly ran that daycare.
She was arrested Tuesday and charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in death.
Court documents say Moss placed 2-month-old Connor Collins face down in a crib and left him unsupervised.
She later found Connor unresponsive. 911 was called but the boy could not be saved.
Moss was also arrested back in August for stealing thousands of dollars from a Tipton County animal organization. She is scheduled for a pretrial release hearing on Monday.
- Arrest made in infant death case
- New arrest made in January 2017 killing case
- Lafayette man found guilty in death of infant son
- Birth defects 2nd-leading cause of infant deaths in Indiana
- No arrest made in Friday's southside shooting
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Arrest made in Lafayette lumberyard arson
- OWI arrest made in Clinton Co. crash
- Arrest made in West Lafayette bank robbery