LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Central Catholic football team has faced its share of adversity this season.
For the first time since 2003, the Knights finished the regular season with a record below .500.
One day after the CC concluded the regular season, the team's head coach Don Coller abruptly announced his retirement.
Since October 16, interim head coach Jeff Onken has guided the Knights and his impact has been felt
Central Catholic is coming off a first round sectional victory over Tri-County, a Cavaliers team which won eight games during the regular season.
Onken and the Knights are aiming to keep the momentum going against North Miami this Friday for an opportunity to play in a sectional championship game.
See the video above.
We will have previews of other Tippecanoe County teams' games throughout this week on WLFI-TV and WLFI.com.
- Central Catholic peaking at right time, eyes sectional title berth
- Central Catholic, Benton Central capture sectional titles
- Central Catholic falls one game short of state title berth
- McCutcheon eyes first sectional title since 1999
- Central Catholic, Pioneer to battle for sectional crown
- HIGHLIGHTS: Hot shooting helps Central Catholic win sectional championship
- Harrison, Central Catholic open sectional play with wins
- Central Catholic routs Clinton Prairie, advances to sectional final
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic volleyball claims 5th-straight regional title
- Lafayette Jeff outlasts Central Catholic to win Hoops Classic title