TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A man has been charged with neglect after leaving a 5-year-old child in his care alone.
It started on Oct. 20 at around 1 p.m. when an officer discovered a child outside the Cambridge Estates apartment complex alone and with no shoes.
Court documents say the child was escorted back home, which was found to be vacant, and explained that the mother was at work.
At around 2:20 p.m. a male, who initially identified himself as James Paul, arrived at the apartment. The man told officers he had only been gone for about 10 minutes and was watching the child.
A short while later, Lashae Brown arrived at the home and confirmed she had left the child in the man's care.
He was booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail as John Doe until he was later confirmed to be Nicoli (Nick) Remy Lee McCoy from Skokie, Illinois.
McCoy has been charged with neglect of a dependent and false informing.
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Child porn found on laptop, phone leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- West Lafayette man charged with child molesting
- Lafayette woman charged with neglect of a dependent
- Tips from NCMEC lead to child exploitation charges for Lafayette man
- West Lafayette man found guilty of child molestation
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man