LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Police are investigating the alleged sexual assault of a woman that happened on Sunday.
Lafayette police say at around 5 a.m., they responded to a report of a rape having occurred outside the Creasy Lane Dollar General.
The victim was treated at a local area hospital and later released.
Police say video surveillance obtained from inside the Dollar General shows a person of interest about 6 feet tall with a slim build and dark hair.
The victim described the man as being a male in his 20s.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department at (765) 807-1200 or the anonymous WeTip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
- Police investigate sexual assault on woman
- Magician David Blaine under investigation for sexual assault
- WLPD: Woman assaulted on Wabash Heritage Trail
- New hashtag helps victims of sexual assault share their story
- Charges filed against Lafayette man in sexual assault case
- Complaints of sexual assault surface against spa chain
- Former students accuse Purdue of retaliating after sexual assault claims
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- Person reports drugging and sexual assault at fraternity
- Uber releases safety report revealing 5,981 incidents of sexual assault