WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A pedestrian hit Monday evening by a car on Klondike Road has died.
Around 7:15 Monday evening, the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office responded to a call in the 2800 block of Klondike Road for a crash involving a car and a pedestrian.
When they arrived, deputies found 59-year-old John Kuntz of West Lafayette severely injured in the roadway. Kuntz was taken to Franciscan Health East in Lafayette.
According to police, the driver of the vehicle said that Kuntz walked into the roadway in front of his vehicle. The driver said he attempted to swerve to avoid hitting Kuntz but could not avoid the crash.
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office says the people in the car were distraught but not hurt.
Klondike Road was closed for several hours while they reconstructed the crash.
- Pedestrian dies in Klondike Road crash
- Klondike Road back open after gas leak
- Revive Klondike project starting soon
- The intersection of Klondike Road and Lindberg Road will be closing
- Klondike Elementary School honors Cecil L. Helmerick
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Neighbors get a glimpse of the Revive Klondike Project
- Railroad company lacks funds to repair crossing near Klondike
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash