JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Twenty-three people were detained by the Jasper County Sheriff's Office after deputies discovered an underage drinking party taking place at a home near Remington.
Early Sunday morning at around 12:41, the Sheriff's Office received an anonymous tip about the party.
When police arrived they spotted several vehicles parked at the home. They say several people attempted to flee the area while some ran into the home and others into nearby woods.
Police spoke to a juvenile that lived at the home who had allegedly arranged the party. That person's parents were not present in the home at that time.
Adults arrested include 18-year-old Isaac Bahler of Wolcott. When Bahler's vehicle was searched over 30 grams of what appeared to be marijuana was found in addition to some cash, a scale, and paraphernalia.
Alyssa Sheets, 19, and Torie Miller, both also from Wolcott, were arrested under preliminary charges of minor consumption of alcohol.
About 20 underage individuals were released to their parents. Reports suggest that more than 100 were in attendance.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Deputies break up underage drinking party in Jasper County
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Missing Jasper County woman found dead in Hobart
- Jasper County man killed by front-end loader
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Illinois man put behind bars in Jasper County
- Jasper County held an 'Aircraft rescue and fire training' presentation