DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) —Volunteers had a busy Saturday in Delphi as they worked to clean up Canal Park before winter.
Landscapers say taking care of the historic park is a year round job. They raked leaves, picked up trash and pulled weeds.
Linda Cooper is the park's landscape chair, she said they wanted to take advantage of clean-up while the weather is still nice.
"Our museum is open year round as well as our interpretive center and you can certainly come and see all the beautiful buildings here in Canal Park through the winter and we like our gardens to look nice as well," said Cooper.
- Volunteers prepare Canal Park for winter
- Delphi Canal Park open for winter
- Canal Park hosts 30th annual Christmas Festival despite rainy weather
- Tippecanoe County preparing for possible winter storm
- Emergency room prepares for winter weather
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- Columbian Park Zoo closing for winter
- EPA: Dredging begins at Indiana Harbor Ship Canal
- Weavers bring history back to life at Canal Days
- $26 million cleanup starting on contaminated Indiana canal