WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — George Karlaftis is 1000 percent committed.
The West Lafayette standout defensive end verbally committed to play college football at Purdue on Friday following the Red Devils' 79-7 victory over Benton Central in the opening round of sectional play.
The junior Karlaftis chose the Boilermakers over Miami (FL) and Michigan. Karlaftis won't have to travel far. Ross-Ade Stadium is roughly a mile away from West Lafayette Jr/Sr High School.
Karlaftis also held offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State and Notre Dame among others.
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- Purdue commit George Karlaftis sets signing date
- George Karlaftis makes it official with Purdue
- Purdue freshman George Karlaftis named second-team All-Big Ten
- George Karlaftis to make college decision Friday
- Karlaftis, West Lafayette top McCutcheon in season opener
- Purdue's Bell, Karlaftis named Freshman All-America by FWAA
- West Lafayette QB Kyle Adams commits to James Madison
- West Lafayette prepares for Purdue football traffic
- West Lafayette businesses dealing without Purdue students