CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Frankfort police are getting the word out about a possible phone scam in the area.
The city says someone is making fraudulent calls from the phone number of the Municipal Utilities billing office.
The caller is supposedly telling homeowners if they don't immediately pay their bills over the phone their service will be cut off.
Utilities Manager Todd Corrie says it's not the office's practice to call people about billing issues. Instead, that information is sent through the mail.
If you get one of these calls, Corrie says you should hang up and call Frankfort police dispatch at 765-654-4431. A police officer will be sent to your home to get more information.
- Frankfort police looking into new phone scam
- Sheriff's office says look out for scam phone calls
- Over the phone scams targeting international students at Purdue University
- Police investigating car crash in Frankfort
- Frankfort police investigate shooting Tuesday evening
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Frankfort Mayor addresses wall concerns
- Shade concerns at Frankfort Zoo
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort