VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Vigo County judge has sentenced 54-year-old Robin Kraemer to 36 years in prison for the death of 9-year-old Cameron Hoopingarner.
A coroner determined Hoopingarner died of severe malnutrition back in February. He weighed just 15 pounds at the time.
Hoopingarner had cerebral palsy and was also blind.
Kraemer was the boy's guardian through an agreement with his birth mother.
She testified at trial that she felt overwhelmed caring for him and admitted smoking methamphetamine days before he died.
Kraemer told the judge she plans to appeal the sentence. Three other people are set for trials next year on charges related to the case.
- Woman sentenced in Vigo County neglect case
- Silver Alert declared for Vigo County woman
- Lafayette woman charged with neglect of a dependent
- Woman sentenced in Speedway robbery
- Carroll County Sheriff's Office investigating report of horse neglect
- Barnett girl at center of Tippecanoe County child neglect case to speak for first time Thursday on Dr. Phil
- Homeless man charged in stabbing case sentenced
- Tippecanoe Co. court docs detail children tied up in neglect case
- Purdue and former professor being sued for neglecting extensive sexual abuse case
- New arguments made, no decision on motions in Barnett child neglect case