LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Don Coller decided to retire from his post as Central Catholic's football coach this week; also stepping down from his position as the school's assistant athletic director.
WLFI spoke with Coller Monday night.
Below is Coller's statement:
"I have had a tremendous opportunity to coach football in Tippecanoe County since 1975. I have had the good fortune to be associated with many young men from Junior High, High School and at Purdue. Our family has also been blessed with the opportunities that were presented to us. Going to practice each afternoon in the fall was always the high point of the day."
Coller took over as the Knights' head coach this past summer.
Jeff Onken will be Central Catholic's acting head coach this friday, when the Knights face Tri-County in the first round of sectionals.
- Don Coller steps down as Central Catholic football coach
- Central Catholic hires Brian Nay as football coach
- Jeff Onken takes over as interim football coach at Central Catholic
- Danny Anthrop takes assistant coaching job at Central Catholic
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic vs. Benton Central (BBB)
- Central Catholic, Benton Central capture sectional titles
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 76, Rossville 47 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 48, Attica 37 (GBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 79, Attica 48 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 77, Andrean 70