LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — People looking for legal advice will have a special opportunity next week. The Indiana District 4 Pro Bono Corporation will host Talk to a Lawyer sessions for the public. Community members are welcome to these courses for any legal help.
These events are encouraged for people who do not have financial access to a lawyer. Courses are free to the public. Legal assistant Tim Peterson says these events can be helpful simply to answer any questions.
"Typically lawyers do not give out free consultations anymore. A lot of people miss that ability to just go in and talk with a lawyer about their general problems."
The process to sign up for these courses is relatively simple. Members of the community just need to read a form and sign it before receiving legal advice.
Courses will be held on Oct. 23 at the Crawfordsville District Public Library from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The event will also be held on Oct. 26 at Ivy Tech in Lafayette from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- District 4 to host Talk to a Lawyer courses
- Talk to a lawyer for free this week
- Harrsion High School hosts District FIRST Robotics competition
- Purdue Press offering free Alzheimer's course
- JAG setting the course for students' futures
- Frankfort Golf Course Seeks Budget Approval
- Lawyer attacks allegations against Indiana attorney general
- Indiana attorney general's lawyers downplay groping claims
- Group pushing to save IU running course from construction