TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A car chase suspect caught in Jasper County last week was the subject of a Tippecanoe County manhunt two years ago.
News 18 first reported on 45-year-old Dale V. Sanders on Friday. He faces new charges of resisting law enforcement and criminal confinement for the chase last week, but he had also been wanted on warrants in Tippecanoe and Warren counties.
In September of 2015, a manhunt was on for Sanders.
Tippecanoe County authorities were trying to arrest him on a Warren County warrant when he bolted. Police say he ran from a house on County Road 680 South into the woods. K-9 units were called in to search but couldn't find him.
Online court records suggest that same warrant was one of the two that police found when Sanders was stopped in Jasper County.
Police say on Wednesday, he was the driver in a chase that reached speeds over 100 miles per hour.
Eventually, Sanders went off-road and traveled about 70 yards into a cornfield, where he abandoned the vehicle. Deputies were able to close on him with the help of live drone footage.
- Car chase suspect was subject of manhunt in 2015
- Subject of Auburn Amber Alert found safe
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Neighbor who chased stabbing suspect shares story
- Duck boat operator, captains now subject of federal criminal investigation
- Teen mental health is the subject for public informational meeting
- Court: Indiana cities subject to $5 cap on rental fees
- Battle Ground teen killed after car chase with police
- Multi-state car chase ends in Fountain County
- Manhunt underway for convicted sex offender in Madison County