MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A traffic stop in Miami County has led to five drug-related arrests.
It all started with a car traveling left of the center lane on U.S. Highway 24 near Paw Paw Pike Wednesday morning.
At around 6:23 a.m., an Indiana State Police trooper pulled the car over.
The trooper noticed that the driver, 57-year-old Steven Blue of Warsaw, appeared to be intoxicated.
A K-9 unit indicated the presence of illegal narcotics inside the car.
Officers then allegedly found nearly 15 grams of heroin cut with fentanyl, along with hypodermic needles.
Blue was arrested and faces charges including charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated (controlled substance), trafficking, possession of a syringe, possession of methamphetamine, and conspiracy to deal a schedule I narcotic.
Michael Jones, 52, and Jeffery Jones, 53, both from Peru, were passengers.
The two were arrested and face charges including possession of a narcotic drug, possession of a syringe, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, conspiracy to deal a schedule I narcotic, and maintaining a common nuisance.
Following the traffic stop, officers served a search warrant on Michael Jones' home in Peru.
There, investigators say they found heroin, syringes, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
Sondra Stabler, 55, and Candy Thomas, 57, both of Peru, were present in the home during the search and were arrested.
They now face charges including maintaining a common nuisance, possession of a scheduled I narcotic, possession of a syringe, and possession of marijuana.
- Traffic stop turns up drugs and leads to 5 arrests
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- Tippecanoe Co. traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Lafayette traffic stop leads to drug dealing arrest, charges
- Traffic stop leads to six arrests
- I-65 traffic stop leads to marijuana arrest
- Traffic stops lead to 3 drug-related arrests in Monroe Co.
- ISP traffic stop ends in 2 drug arrests
- Attempted traffic stop leads to 5 arrests and large amount of meth