LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Charges have been filed against a Rensselaer man following ongoing investigations conducted by the Tippecanoe Drug Task Force.
Court documents state that on Nov. 17, 2015, an undercover officer arranged to purchase some methamphetamine from Kimberly Hart, 33, of West Lafayette.
The officer, Hart and her associate, Allen Gordon Faurote, 32, also of West Lafayette, all drove to Bridgewater Circle and parked outside an apartment.
The officer gave her recorded money with which to buy the drugs and Hart entered the apartment.
After a few minutes, she came back out with a plastic bag containing what appeared to be meth. The officer positively field-tested the substance as methamphetamine, weighing 1.6 grams.
On Nov. 18, the undercover officer arranged a second purchase from Hart and was told to return to the same apartment as the day before.
Hart was not able to be present to make the exchange, so the officer was invited into the apartment to complete the transaction.
Once inside, the officer was patted down by 26-year-old Alexa Montenaro, of Lafayette, who checked for a wire. A male, 27-year-old Alejandro Briar Saucedo, of Rensselaer, had gone into a bedroom to obtain the meth.
The officer again used recorded cash for the exchange, obtaining a baggie from Saucedo containing a substance which field-tested positive for meth, weighing 2.5 grams.
After the transaction was complete, Alejandro informed the officer of his prices and said to bypass Hart in the future and come directly to him.
On Oct. 5, 2017, Saucedo was charged with conspiracy to commit dealing in methamphetamine, dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, and maintaining a common nuisance.
Due to having at least three prior felony convictions, Saucedo can be sentenced as a habitual offender.
- Drug charges filed against Rensselaer man
- Rensselaer man's death under investigation
- Rensselaer holiday trash schedule
- Charges filed against drug suspects
- Rensselaer man pleads guilty in kidnapping case
- Rensselaer man dies in ice fishing accident
- Gallery: Rensselaer murals near completion
- Multiple drug charges filed against man on house arrest
- Train derailment forces evacuation of Rensselaer homes
- Clean-up continues on Rensselaer train derailment