WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue senior wire receiver Anthony Mahoungou says he's the first French football player to receive a division one football scholarship; but he hopes he's the first of many.
"When I dress up in the locker room," said Mahoungou, "I take a few seconds and say, 'Anthony you go not only for your team but for your country, because people are counting on you. Over there, I'm not going to say I'm a star but I realized every time I went back home, people look up to me."
Mahoungou is Purdue's secon-leading receiver this fall (after five games) with 219 receiving yards, and scored a touchdown against Ohio.
- Purdue's Mahoungou hopes to be first of many French D1 football players
- Purdue football players attend "senior" prom
- Purdue University football players lead Special Olympics flag football clinic
- Purdue: Players responsible for boost in football attendance
- Former Purdue football player to open pizza shop in Lafayette
- Purdue football beats Iowa 24-15 to keep bowl hopes alive
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- Purdue football announces future football game dates, opponents
- Purdue football begins preparing for Iowa
- SIGHTS & SOUNDS: 2017 Purdue Football Season