GARY, Ind. (AP) — Police say an 87-year-old man found beaten last month in northwestern Indiana has died and they're appealing for help from the public in the investigation.
The Gary Police Department says Dionisio Roldon was attacked the night of Sept. 25. Police say he had a significant head injury and was unable to provide information about what happened.
He was hospitalized in suburban Chicago and the Cook County medical examiner's office says he died Tuesday. An autopsy was planned Thursday.
Police in Gary say in a statement that detectives have "exhausted all leads" and are looking to the community for information on the "vicious attack."
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Police seek public's help after man, 87, dies after beating
- Police in Gary seek public help to address rising homicides
- Developer seeks public input for Chauncey Village
- Jim Nabors, TV's homespun Gomer Pyle and singer, dies at 87
- Police academy offers police program to public
- Police seek information on cemetery vandalism
- Lebanon Police Seek Info on Runaway Teen
- Man shot by police dies after medical emergency in jail
- Sheriff's office asking public's help identifying man
- City of West Lafayette to seek public input regarding future of city hall