UPDATE: At around 6:20 p.m. ISP reported that all lanes on I-65 are now open but slow-going. They advise drivers to be cautious.
TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A crash on Interstate 65 Thursday has one southbound lane closed.
Shortly after 2 p.m. Indiana State Police reported a crash on southbound I-65 about 7 miles south of State Road 38 at mile marker 161 ½, causing a standstill in both lanes.
Police say several vehicles were involved and a semi tanker containing corrosive materials was on its side but was not leaking.
Two minor injuries were reported.
At around 2:30 p.m. the left lane was reported to be open allowing traffic to resume.
As of 3:41 p.m., ISP said traffic was backed up 13 miles to mile marker 174. They warn drivers to use caution.
News 18 will continue to follow this story as it unfolds.
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- Another lane closure for I-65 northbound
- I-65 lanes open after years of construction
- UPDATE: Southbound lanes of I-65 are now open
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- Northbound I-65 back open
- 20-minute closures on I-65 due early Wednesday
- All northbound I-65 lanes reopened after semi crash