OXFORD, Ind. (WLFI) — Some people in Benton County were shaken up over the weekend.
This comes after a man was shot right outside their doorsteps.
It happened at an apartment in the 300 block of South Crown Street in Oxford early Saturday morning.
"I woke up to a gunshot outside my bedroom window," said neighbor Sharon Smith.
A neighbor who wished to stay anonymous said, "Just blood everywhere."
Indiana State Police believe it all started after an argument between two men, Nathan Lee Gick, 35, and Nathan R. Hipps, 35, as they were leaving a bar.
The two men ended up at the apartment complex on the west end of town.
That's when gunfire rang out.
Smith lives in the apartment complex.
"I came outside and saw the kid who got shot running across the street," Smith said. "He ran from the liquor store across the street and then back out chasing the truck that was driving off."
He eventually ended up on a neighbor's porch.
"The guy knocked on my trailer and by the time I got to the door he was gone, he went next door," said anonymous.
He figured it was just a Halloween prank.
"Heard a bunch of cops all around and then I went outside and seen all the commotion," anonymous said. "There was blood everywhere on my trailer back in the back and stuff like that."
The man who was shot was eventually taken to a Lafayette hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
As for Smith, she said she's seen enough.
"I'm going to leave," Smith said. "As soon as I get a hold of the landlord I'm leaving."
No charges have been filed at this time.
ISP Sgt. Kim Riley said the investigation is ongoing.
He expects more information to be released later on this week.
- Neighbors recall weekend shooting in Benton Co.
- Neighbors react to Meadowbrook shooting
- Neighbor recalls rushing to horse and buggy crash scene
- Neighbors react to shooting on Hartford Street
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Neighbor records video post-shooting in Montgomery County
- Benton Central tops West Lafayette 44-39
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton Central 49, McCutcheon 44 (GBB)
- Benton Co. crash sends 5 to hospital