NORMAL, IL. (WLFI) — Brock Spack first met Joe Tiller in 1983.
Spack was a linebacker at Purdue. Tiller was the Boilermakers' defensive coordinator.
Spack and Tiller worked alongside one another for only a season but it was just the beginning of a close and successful friendship that spanned over two decades.
Following his playing days with the Gold and Black, Spack launched his coaching career as a graduate assistant for Tiller at Purdue from 1984-1985. Ten years later, Spack was hired as Tiller's defensive coordinator at Wyoming.
Between Wyoming and Purdue, Spack served as Tiller's defensive coordinator from 1995-2008.
Since 2009, Spack has guided Illinois State's football program applying a lot of what he learned from Tiller to his Red Bird assistant coaches and players.
See the video above.
- TILLER TRIBUTE: Brock Spack
- TILLER TRIBUTE: Drew Brees
- Joe Tiller's memorabilia donated to NFF chapter for bidding
- Arnette Tiller donates Purdue memorabilia back to NFF, football fans
- Motorcyclist pay tribute to Glenn Rightsell
- LFD station number seven pays tribute to former assistant chief
- Frank Muffin's Fleetwood Mac tribute concert to benefit Henry House
- The Small Town of Russiaville Pays Tribute to Trooper Peter Stephan