EL PASO COUNTY, Co. (WLFI) — New charges have surfaced against a man who is a person of interest in the Delphi double homicide.
Daniel Nations now faces additional charges of assault and trespassing in Colorado.
That's in addition to Nations' charges of menacing and reckless endangerment.
According to KKTV, the charges stem from Nations allegedly trying to get into someone's car and committing assault. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office couldn't tell News 18 when the incident occurred as the arrest affidavit is sealed.
Nations was arrested on Sept. 25 after allegedly threatening people with a hatchet on a trail in El Paso County, Colorado.
A few days after his arrest, police in Colorado contacted Indiana State Police about Nations as a possible suspect in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.
Nations has since been named a person of interest in the killings. ISP sent two detectives to Colorado to question Nations.
When ISP returned last Tuesday, detectives said they do not have any information that includes or excludes Nations as a suspect.
Nations is also being investigated for the murder of Tim Watkins, a bicyclist in Colorado. At this time, a murder charge has not been filed against Nations.
"We are still investigating," said El Paso County Sheriff's Office PIO Jacqueline Kirby. "Obviously we don't know if more charges will be forthcoming or not. All I can say is it is still under investigation."
ISP is still actively seeking information related to the Delphi double homicide.
News 18 will continue to follow this story and bring you more updates once made available.
Any information on the Delphi Double Homicide can be reported anonymously on the FBI tip line. That number is 844-459-5786.
- Daniel Nations faces more charges
- Nations facing new charges in Colorado
- UPDATE: Violent felon faces multiple charges
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Fired Earhart teacher faces two more charges
- Woman faces gun charges following domestic disturbance
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges
- Suburban Indianapolis swim coach faces federal charges