LEBANON, Ind. (WLFI) — A 4-year-old girl who was accidentally shot by her brother in late November has died of her wounds.
According to police, Izabella-Marie Helem was originally shot by her brother on November 29 around 10:00 a.m. in the 300 block of North Park Street. Her brother had found the weapon that had been left unsecured in the home of their grandparents.
The preliminary investigation determined that Izabella-Marie suffered two wounds, one around her left shoulder blade and another around the right side of her head.
She was taken to Riley's Children's Health Hospital in critical condition but died of her wounds December 4.
The family has decided to donate the organs of Izabella-Marie.
Once the investigation has been finished, the findings will be presented to the Boone County Prosecutor’s Office for the determination of what charges, if any, will be filed in this case.
- 4-year-old Lebanon girl shot by 3-year-old brother dies
- Lebanon City Council member dies
- 3-year-old accidentally shoots, wounds 2-year-old brother
- Lebanon child in critical condition after being shot by 2-year-old brother
- Man accused of molesting 4-year-old girl in her bed
- Father dies rescuing his 3-year-old from vehicle in pond
- Indiana girl, 8, dies after being shot in eye with BB gun
- Former Lebanon Boys and Girls club director charged with theft and counterfeiting
- Lebanon Police Seek Info on Runaway Teen
- Defense seeks 4-year prison sentence for ex-Indiana sheriff