NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Pepperidge Farm is voluntarily recalling four varieties of Goldfish Crackers because of fears they could potentially have salmonella.
The company on Monday took the action after one of its ingredient suppliers notified it that whey powder used in a seasoning may be contaminated. The products were distributed in the United States and no illnesses have been reported.
The Goldfish recall covers Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar, Flavor Blasted Sour Cream & Onion, Goldfish Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar and Goldfish Mix Xtra Cheddar + Pretzel. The company has posted a chart with the product codes on its website.
The products can be returned to the place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers can call customer service at 800-679-1791.
- 4 types of Goldfish Crackers recalled, salmonella fears
- Frozen tuna recalled amid salmonella outbreak
- Dole recalls baby spinach over salmonella concerns
- Wildlife officials: Don't dump goldfish in natural waterways
- Kellogg recalls Honey Smacks because of salmonella potential
- 6.5 million pounds of beef recalled due to salmonella outbreak
- Deadly salmonella outbreak forces USDA to recall raw turkey
- 39 tons of Butterball ground turkey recalled after salmonella cases
- Indianapolis-based company recalls fruit products linked to salmonella outbreak
- Researchers working to reverse type two diabetes