WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—The festival takes place in many areas around campus like the Purdue Memorial Union and the Stewart Center. Over 60 schools from all of the mid-west performed at least three selections for judges from all over the country.
Then the judges host a thirty minute clinic with the group on their performance. This is the largest jazz festival in the mid-west.
Director of Operations for Purdue Bands and Orchestras, Douglas Fletcher, said this is a great opportunity for young musicians.
"We hope they have a positive experience at Purdue University and that they enjoy coming here performing," said Fletcher. "And that they got some valuable feedback that they can then go back to their school and continue to develop."
Purdue Bands also performed at the Jazz Festival.
- 30th annual Jazz Festival held at Purdue
- 28th Purdue Jazz Festival showcases area high school students
- Canal Park hosts 30th annual Christmas Festival despite rainy weather
- Musicians perform at Purdue's Jazz On The Hill
- Veterans Day festivities at Purdue
- 'How-To' Festival at Purdue
- Harrison High School Jazz Band selected as one of eight finalists in ISSMA State Jazz Competition
- 104th annual Purdue Road School
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue holds annual Human Library