WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The 30-year plan for Discovery Park on Purdue University's campus is underway. The new developments could change the way people work and live in West Lafayette.
The university announced a state-of-the-art plan Monday to create a new academic and professional community.
The $1 billion master plan outlines a 30-year commitment to transform the West side of Purdue's campus.
There will be collaboration centers, retail spaces, the possibility for a daycare and even residential housing.
Chief Facilities Officer Richard Michal says the motto for this project is "live, work, learn, play."
"This is an opportunity for you to live in that same place," said Michal. "Hopefully drop your kid off in the daycare on the first floor and then go collaborate with professionals to advance technology."
There are two buildings in the works right now. Aspire is set to be complete in August 2019 and Convergence will breakground in the near future.
This entire project will be between US 231 and State Street. This will also include a revamp of Purdue West.
- 30-year master plan for Discovery Park revealed
- Discovery Park Project takes another step forward
- Community living coming to Discovery Park District
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve master utility plan
- 300 high-tech jobs coming to Purdue's Discovery Park
- Supercars to be built at Purdue's Discovery Park
- New developments possibly coming to Discovery Park District
- Demolition of old housing unit begins in Discovery Park
- New development Provenance coming to Purdue's Discovery Park District
- Cason Park planning underway