MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say three family members have been found dead at a home in central Indiana following a reported shooting.
Emergency dispatchers received a report about a shooting at the Muncie-area home on Sunday afternoon and Delaware County authorities later identified the dead as 58-year-old Casey Ritchie, 45-year-old Denise Miles and 14-year-old Rylee Ritchie. They all lived at the home.
Details of the circumstances of the deaths weren't immediately released, but the sheriff's office said there was no threat to the public. Autopsies were planned Monday to confirm cause of death.
State police and Muncie police were asked to assist in the investigation, which was ongoing. Additional information was expected to be released Monday.
- 3 found dead at central Indiana home after shooting report
- Police: 2 women, man found dead in southwestern Indiana home
- Crop-dusting helicopter crashes in central Indiana; 1 dead
- Officials: 3 dead following head-on crash in central Indiana
- Police: 2 dead after shooting at Central Michigan University
- Hundreds of fish found dead at pond in southern Indiana
- NW Indiana man found dead beneath overturned lawn mower
- Police identify woman found dead along I-65 in Indiana
- Eastern Indiana farmer charged after dead cows found