LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Lafayette Redevelopment Commission voted to recommend tax abatement compliance for 26 companies.
The commission took a look at if these companies had fulfilled certain requirements, such as investing in facilities, job creation and job retention numbers.
All the tax abatements were for 10 or seven year time periods.
Lafayette Economic Development Director Dennis Carson said seeing such positive growth in our local companies means the local economy is looking good.
Rea Magnet and Tate & Lyle both had instances where they had not met their job creation numbers, but representatives from the companies assured members of the commission that they are working to fill those positions.
All the recommendations will head to the Lafayette City Council for final approval in June.
The list of the companies who are recommended for approval is below. RE stands for real estate, PP stands for personal property, a number signifies multiple entities within that one company.
Coleman Cable LLC- (2) PP
Coleman Cable LLC- (2)RE
ETCL Pure LLC-RE
Fiber Hotel LLC- RE
General Electric Company- PP
Heartland- (4) PP
Heartland Automotive- (2) RE
JAK II Partners LLP- RE
James Investments LLC- RE
Lex Lafayette LP- RE
Lifesong Brands, Inc- (2) PP
Lifesong Brands, Inc- RE
Lifesong Properties LLC- RE
Nanshan America Advanced Aluminum Technologies LLC- (2) PP
Nanshan America Advanced Aluminum- RE
Rea Magnet Wire Company, Inc.- (2) PP
Sanoh America, Inc.- PP
Stoddard Development LLC- RE
Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.- (7) PP
Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.- (5) RE
Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC- (3) PP
TRW Automotive- PP
TTA Lafayette One LLC- RE
Wabash National LP- (3) PP
Wintek Corporation- PP
WorWag Coatings LLC- PP
- 26 companies recommended for compliance on tax abatement
- Warehouse building company gets tax abatement
- Tax abatement in the works for expansion at Lafayette company
- Local employer granted tax abatement waiver
- H38 East Apartments gets tax abatement finalized
- UPDATE: Council approves tax abatement for local manufacturer
- Council approves tax abatement for $24 million investment
- Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approves tax abatement for Caterpillar's renovation plan
- City council approves 10-year tax abatement for Caterpillar
- Lafayette approves tax abatement for revolutionary low income apartment complex