TOPEKA, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a woman and her 15-year-old daughter died after their horse-drawn buggy was struck by a car in northern Indiana.
The buggy was hit from behind Saturday in the LaGrange County community of Topeka.
Authorities say 44-year-old Velda C. Miller of Ligonier and Melissa Jo Miller died in the crash. Velda Miller's 46-year-old husband was driving the buggy and was taken to a hospital with neck pain.
The sheriff's office says the 21-year-old driver of the car told them he had just passed another vehicle and hit the buggy while coming back into his lane. He was taken to a hospital with abdominal pain.
No charges have been filed and the crash is under investigation.
- 2 die when car crashes into buggy in northern Indiana
- N. Indiana county to build lanes just for Amish buggies
- Daviess Co. buggy crash sends 1 to hospital
- State studying northern Indiana site of recent semi crashes
- Authorities: 1 believed dead in northern Indiana small plane crash
- Man who died in northern Indiana fiery crash identified
- Fire heavily damages northern Indiana RV plant
- Police: 2 die in small plane crash near Indianapolis
- Officer cleared in shooting of boy, 13, in northern Indiana
- Large employer in northern Indiana county plans more layoffs