BENTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)— One person is dead after a late-night crash involving a semi in Benton County.
It happened at 11:50 Tuesday night on U.S. 41 and State Road 352 near Boswell.
According to Indiana State Police, the driver of a semi was traveling northbound on U.S. 41 when it approached the SR 352 intersection.
Police say Natalie Ramos, 18 of Benton County, was driving eastbound on SR 352 when she failed to yield to the semi. She was struck on the passenger side of her vehicle. Police say Ramos' injuries were too severe to survive, and she was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
The driver of the semi, Matthew Vice, 40, was not injured.
Police say the road was wet and there was heavy rainfall at the time of the crash. Northbound lanes of U.S. 41 were closed for several hours.
- 18-year-old dies in late-night Benton County crash
- Lafayette Police searching for missing 18-year-old
- Benton Co. crash sends 5 to hospital
- Travel Warning issued for Benton County
- Benton County family recognized at State Fair
- Benton County launches Safe Place Program
- Benton County 15-year-old found safe
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- 18-year sentence handed to Lafayette man for dealing in narcotics
- 18-year-old arrested in connection to Peru death