ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. (WSBT) - The Department of Health has confirmed the first case of coronavirus in St. Joseph County at a news briefing Wednesday afternoon.
They say it's an adult male who is now quarantined at his home. Officials say this is not a surprise and anticipate they will have more cases in the coming days. They are currently in the process of tracing who the affected person was in contact with. They do not believe the patient is high risk.
The Department of Health also recommends not attending any mass gatherings, washing hands frequently, and staying six feet away from individuals when feasible.
This is now the 11th presumptive positive case of coronavirus in Indiana. Four new cases were announced Wednesday morning.
- 11th Indiana coronavirus case found in St. Joseph County
- More than 400 new coronavirus cases found in Indiana
- ISDH confirms 2nd coronavirus case in Indiana
- First case of coronavirus confirmed in Indiana
- Police investigating 11th Street shots fired
- St. Joseph County Election Board seeks Braun investigation
- Three more COVID-19 cases found in Indiana, total now 15
- Indiana not detailing ICU capacity as coronavirus cases grow
- Indiana toddler dies after falling from 11th floor of cruise ship
- More Coronavirus cases, more anxiety