TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — More than $1.1 million has been added to the endowments of 30 local nonprofits. It's all thanks to a matching campaign from the Greater Lafayette Community Foundation.
The non-profits raised more than $650,000 in new gifts themselves from November 2017 to August 2018. A 50 percent match was then provided by the community foundation's LaNelle Geddes Matching Campaign.
The community foundation controls 230 funds and endowments valued at more than $55 million.
The following non-profits received funds:
* The Art Museum of Greater Lafayette Foundation & The Art League
* Bharatiya Temple and Cultural Center of Greater Lafayette
* Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Lafayette, Inc.
* Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, Inc.
* Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.
* Robert and Ellen Haan Museum of Indiana Art
* The Jazz Club
* Lafayette Citizens Band, Inc.
* Lafayette Rotary Club Foundation, Inc.
* LTHC Homeless Services
* Tree Lafayette
* Leadership Lafayette, Inc.
* Legal Aid Corporation of Tippecanoe County
* Long Center, Inc.
* Long Center Theatre Organ Society
* Lyn Treece Boys and Girls Club of Tippecanoe Co.
* Mental Health America – Wabash Valley Region
* National Alliance on Mental Illness of West Central Indiana (NAMI-WCI)
* Right Steps Child Development Centers
* Tippecanoe County Council on Aging, Inc.
* Tippecanoe County Public Library Foundation
* Unitarian Universalist Church
* Wabash Center, Inc.
* West Lafayette Public Library
* Willowstone Family Services
* Wolf Park
* YMCA Camp Tecumseh