MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Peru man is dead after a two-vehicle crash on Friday.
Police say at around 5 a.m. officers responded to a crash at the intersection of U.S. 31 and Business 31 in Peru.
A Freightliner semi driven by 41-year-old Celena Borders of Seymour was headed northbound approaching a red stoplight at Business 31. The semi failed to stop and t-boned a pickup truck driven by 49-year-old Gregory Monin of Peru.
The truck had the right of way and was attempting a southbound turn at the time of the crash.
Monin was taken to a Peru hospital where he died due to injuries he suffered in the crash. Borders was not injured.
Borders was issued a citation for disregarding a traffic control device.
Investigators do not believe alcohol or narcotics were a factor in the crash.
- 1 dead in two-vehicle Peru crash
- Marion man dead after two-vehicle crash
- One person dead after off-road vehicle crash
- Purdue University forms research alliance with university in Peru
- Peru factory that employs more than 300 will close
- 18-year-old arrested in connection to Peru death
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for missing Peru man
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- One dead after vehicle crashes into police squad car in Marion
- 3 dead in multi-vehicle crash along I-65 in southern Indiana